Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Here's a riddle...

What goes up, but never comes down?

I'll tell you what the answer was on The Today Show this morning.

AGE

I thought about it "Today", thank you Kathy Lee and Hoda.  So when my Kiwis and I were having dinner, I asked them that question.  Here's what they came up with.

Trees.  "Yep, but they can get cut down." is what I said"
Paint.  "Ok, get it. because we are painting the walls in the house right now."
Clouds.  "They float around, I'll give you that."

Then, they got deep on me...I DID NOT say any of this.

Faith
Love
Soul
Experince in Life
Knowledge

I wanted to cry, they are so special.

"Yep", I said, "Those are all things that go up."  Do they come down?"  I couldn't find a reason for them to come down.  They shouldn't.  So my little boys were like, "Whatever , Mom.  Can we go and play on our ipads now?"

I looked at them deeply in their eyes, and said, "Yes, beat it, take your show on the road.  Frozen pizza will be ready in 20 minutes."


4 comments:

  1. Without question being a parent is the hardest job in the world, and the most humbling - that's a wonderful story.

    This is a lovely blog, such a shame you have let it lapse - hopefully you'll find the inspiration to take it up again.

    Best wishes to you and yours.

    ST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I agree with S. Templeton, I just discovered your blog and also think it is lovely. Best wishes and hope all is well with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You probably never even see this anymore. I was watching a Wings marathon a couple of weeks ago when I looked up “Alex” to see what else she had been in , which is how I watch tv now. Anyway, I found the actress was retired in Houston. Well the Internet being what it is, it took 10 seconds to find out my fourth favorite character on my 3rd favorite 90’s sit com actually lives in my neighborhood and has lived here as long as I have. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What neighborhood Houston? The Woodlands? Spring?

      Delete