Friday, August 30, 2013

Squirrel on a Window
Look'n for a Rainbow
Gotta get Downtown
To Chicago
The Only Color Brown
He knows
-CF

Chuck is writing these poems, I swear.  He's like Bulkouski meets Vanilla Ice.

Then, I'm like, "How 'bout..,"

"I'm all pink..think'n-"

He goes, "Momma, I'm tired, we'll write in the morning".

Damn, shut out from 2 seven year olds?  They both already have an agent. All they need me for is transportation. Is this how it's gonna be? "Cause I'll cut off your Mac and Cheese."

How's that for poetry?

Awe. They're sweet, and snuggley.  Can't I just keep this age forever?  I've been working all week at school for the kindergartners, they seem so young, and my boys were just there 2 years ago.  My big second graders now give me attitude, really...really?  ACasa Forke, I guess so, as long as they "rap" it up with some poetry.


1 comment: