Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sunday.  I woke at 6 am with a passion to go to church.  Made the bed, showered, put on makeup, picked out clothes for The Kiwis, fed the fish, and put a load of laundry in.

All ready to wake the boys and get out of here, go to church.  Because I need a little "God" right now, this very minute.

Ah, they are tired, don't want to go.  What to do?  Scream, "Let's GO".  Or not.  I decide in my "Only Parenting" way that we will stay home and watch Joel Osteen on tv.  Now, I am not a religious person.  A bit of an existentialist, agnostic.  But, I do want my kids to grow up in the way that I did.  Yikes, Catholic, then Episcopalian.  Yikes.

We believe in God.  Yep, I just wrote that. Sometimes, I want to go a little more Old Testament.  More of a Jew, I am, OY......OY VAY.....A little bit of Yiddish.

My boys are at the age where they question.  Who, and What, and How did it.  I told them, just the other day..."I don't know".  I'm all of 45 and I don't know.  The cool thing is, you continue to question.  Never believe what some person says.  Look in your heart, and you will find your way.  Grow and Do, and Be, and Ask.

Knowledge is the best.  Decide for YOU'R self.  And when you're 45, you will probably be asking for more.

A long time ago, when I was, I don't know, about ten.  I made a deal.  I was old enough to know how to talk to God, on my own.  No Church, no parents, or youth group, just me and Him.  The deal is this..."Please be patient.  Let's talk.  I'm not sure what I believe, what I'm supposed to believe, but, you and I have a deal, right?  If You continue to believe in me, I'll do the same.  Don't give up on me.  I'll worship you."

And that is how I live my life with prayer.
















2 comments:

  1. I think you are a very wise Mommy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is not random dear lady. The Old Testament was fulfilled by Jesus for the Jews to go to their Messiah. If they reject Him, they are under the law of Moses. You sound like a child yourself thinking you can believe what you want without consequences.Jesus made it that He is the only way to enter into eternal life through His works on the cross. By faith you are saved..through Jesus, not just any old path you choose. I have seen you as an actress. I liked you. You need to mature in your understanding of Jesus and who He is. I don't care what denomination you were or how ''Jewish'' you think you are. Jesus made it clear...Him or the law...I assure you dear lady that that Law is without mercy!! The Father does not KNOW ANYONE less they KNOW His Son..Jesus..the man who was God in the flesh..that died for YOU and was raised FOR YOUR justification for eternal life by believing in His Son as YOUR substitute your sinbs are forgiven! You shall pass from life to life with Jesus...or be judged according to YOUR works if you willfully reject the free gift of salvation..You pay for your sins or Jesus does...The path your children must learn for their own salvation...You can not save your children..If you love them..You will direct them with love to Jesus..Not some random do as you please nonsense!! ....With love...James of Ireland

      Delete