Wednesday, June 19, 2013

So, The PTO. It's weird, when I was a kid it was called The PTA. Whatever you call it, I'm VP and I have a meeting today. I KNOW, it's summer, but our work is never done. I love my president, her name is Cara. I KNOW we are so cute together. "Cara and Farrah" I call her and leave her messages like, "Hey, Cara, It's Farrah..." then I just laugh. I swear I crack myself up. I turn into a little school girl. Ugh, maybe I am spending too much time at Lamar Elementary. I bitch and moan about it, then I remind myself that I love it. My kids are proud of me. They like seeing me there, walking the halls. The other kids come up and hug me, and that's kinda weird too. They're so short, it hits me in an awkward area, ya know what I mean? Sometimes kids will meet me in the hall and say. "Are you Chuck and Wit's Mom?" and I'm like, "Yea, what did they do?" No, I don't say that. I just "Smile and Wave, boys, Smile and Wave" ( one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite movies, "Madagasgar", from one of my favorite writers, Billy Frolick ). Off on a rant, must go feed my kids and get ready for my PTO meeting today, lots of serious buisness to take care of. I laugh, but, no REALLY, we do have some serious biz to talk about today. It's fun, and I know in my heart that we, The PTO, make a difference in that school.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of Wings and just wanted to comment on how nice it is to read your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the kids' defence; you are tall for a lady.

    ReplyDelete