Saturday, June 15, 2013

When it rains, it pours...Yesterday we get in to my Jeep Commander, Rocky McSilver, to head over to Pump It Up, ( it's one of those inflatable jumpy places for kids ) to meet a few of our best buddies for an afternoon of fun.  Well, Rocky doesn't want to start.  Now, I've had so many problems with this car.  I have had to walk my boys to school 2 times in 2 years, and NO, we still were not late, never, not even once in 2 years!, But, that's beside the point, and me bragging a bit.  Anyway, I give my mechanic a call, he comes over, lickity split, calls a tow truck.  Meanwhile I invite the twins from down the street to play, feeling guilty about not going to Pump It Up.  My good friend, Kim, calls and says she's heading over with her refrigerator that she's giving me.  So, I'm off to the races, emptying out mine, throwing stuff in the fridge that I have in the garage.  Tow truck guy gets here, sadles up Rocky, and rips the back bumper off.  Kim shows up with her 4 kids and husband and 2 movers.  The fridge won't fit in my front door, we take the handles off, nope, then try in to get it in the back gate, nope, 8 kids, 2 movers, 2 Moms, grumpy husband, and a tow truck guy that needs to call in another tow truck person.  Yikes.

I now have 2 refrigerators in my garage.
The part, alone, for my car is $900.
Ah, but, my sweet neighbor is loaning me her extra car.

Life is grand!

No comments:

Post a Comment